About Me

My photo
A blog for all things pretty. Pretty vintage, pretty crafty, pretty thrifty, and just plain pretty...I'm a sucker for artistic modifications. I also LOVE a great bargain..If I can create something beautiful for under $20 I'm a HAPPY girl! I also LOVE anything vintage and chic. Hense my title The Shabby "Schick" (My last name is Schick. My friend came up with it, Thanks Jami!) Not to be confused with "chic"...even though I am that too! lol

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Jimmy Dean Apple Sausage Ring.

So in the spirit of Fall, I thought I would post one of my favorite recepies! My mom always made this during the holidays while I was growing up. LOVE IT!

These are the ingredients that will be used.:
Bundt pan
Mixer or large bowl
Scraper/Spatula
Cooking Spray (for bundt pan)
Herb seasoned stuffing mix (1 1/2 C)
Jimmy Dean Regular Sausage (2 lbs) (you can also use 1 lb regular and 1 lb Maple or Hot if you prefer)
Milk (1/2 C)
Eggs (2 large)
Apple (red delicious 1 C chopped) (approx 1 large apple = 1C)
Onion (not pictured) any color you prefer (1/4 C)
First: Spray your bundt pan with the cooking spray. Apply it liberally as the sausage tends to stick if not coated well.













Next, chop up your apple and onion.
Then, add all your measured ingredients into mixer or large bowl.

Then, mix on low speed for approx 3 mins (I use my dough hook for this because it seems to work the motor less than the regular mixer) or mix by hand if you don't have a mixer. mix until blended.

Once blended, press lightly into bundt pan.

Once pressed into pan, place pan on middle rack in oven and bake uncovered @ 350 for 1 1/2 hours. Bottom will darken as it bakes, this is normal. Sausage is normally done when it starts to pull away from the edges of the pan.

After cooking...remove from oven and drain any extra grease. Let stand for at least 10 mins before attempting to flip onto plate or serving platter. Voila! Your delicious Apple Sausage ring awaits...I had to take this picture fast before my husband sunk the knife into it!


Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I'm going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dish was an Easter Sunday brunch tradition for years at moms.

    ReplyDelete